Thursday, January 8, 2009

What a week...

Wow so what a week it has been so far...

Yesterday at work they did major lay0ffs. Thankfully on this time around I was skipped. Some of the people let go had been there years. Micah's company also laid off 50 people. Once again the Lord blessed and it did not affect him. Until now I don't think the seriousness of the recession had hit me. It is getting to be a really scary time. I am seeing people who thought they had great, secure jobs lose them in a heartbeat. I sure hope things turn around for the economy soon.

On a good note Rylee received a recommendation to join her school "Clue" program. This is a program that kids with advanced reading levels are asked to join. I'm not sure if we are going to let her join yet but it is a great honor.

It's our first week since the holidays where we don't have Tristen. It's really sad as we were used to having him around. He adds a whole different dynamic when he is here. Thankfully him and hopefully Steph will get to come next weekend to help us celebrate my birthday. Nothing better then having your family around for your birthday.

Also last week we learned Rylee no longer has to wear glasses and that Tristen will probably have to start wearing them within the next year. Crazy how that works. Rylee was very excited to learn she doesn't have to wear glasses anymore but its taking some getting used to seeing her without them. I thought she looked adorable in them. Tristen wanted to go ahead and get the glasses when we were at the Dr. office. He thought they were cool and that now he could be like his daddy. :) Kids! You gotta love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment